- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
What we are Not:
We are not a provider of medical marijuana. We do not grow it or deliver it or store it. We are a platform that allows registered medical marijuana patients to place orders from local delivery-only dispensaries. It is completely free for patients.
Information we collect
After you download the SobreVivePR app, in order to sign up, you must upload your state issued ID and your medical marijuana Recommendation pursuant to Health and Safety Code §11362.5. The information regarding your medical marijuana recommendation, will include the name and license number of your recommending physician, the contact information of the physician, the method to verify the recommendation’s authenticity, the expiration date of the recommendation, the recommendation verification number. We will also keep track of your purchases.
Finally, we may collect information regarding your usage of our Service, including but not limited to your IP address or other unique identifier, your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information), the URL that referred you to our Service, the areas within our Service that you visit and your activities there (including remembering you and your preferences), your Device location, your Device characteristics; and certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information (“Usage Information”).
Our Service may use location-based services in order to locate you so that we may verify your location, deliver you relevant content based on your location, and share your location with the pre-registered delivery and dispensary service providers as part of the location-based services we offer. Please note that we will only directly provide third parties we work with access to your exact location information if you first give us permission to do so. You should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information to other people.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may receive information about you from our affiliates, from any other users of the Service, or from any other third parties that may provide us information we deem relevant to your use of the Service. SobreVivePR may at its sole discretion collect and use this information as Personal Information.
Interactions with Third Party Sites
The Service may include functionality that allows certain kinds of interactions between the Service and your account on a third-party web site or application, such as a medical cannabis cooperative, collective, or delivery service’s website. The use of this functionality may involve the third-party operator providing certain information, including Personal Information, to us. For example, we may provide third-party sites’ interfaces or links on the Service to facilitate your sending a communication from the Service. SobreVivePR may at its sole discretion collect and use this information as Personal Information.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Compliance
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) establishes standards regarding your medical records and other personal health information. Your basic rights are these:
- Right to access. (Information on how to inspect and obtain a copy of your health information.)
- Right to accounting of disclosures. (Information on how to request an accounting of disclosures made on your health information.)
- Right to amendment. (Information on how to request an amendment to your health information.)
- Right to request confidential communications. (Information on how to request that we communicate with you about your health information at alternative locations.)
- Right to restrictions. (Information on your right to restrict certain disclosures of your health information.)
- Right to complain for privacy rights violations. (Information on your right to complain if you feel that we have used or disclosed your health information inappropriately.)
- Using and disclosing your health information. (Information on the ways in which Island Med uses and discloses your health information. Information on authorizations to release medical or health information and revoking authorizations.)
Because these are rights we take seriously, we will use all reasonable and appropriate technological safeguards to protect the privacy of your personal health information.
Furthermore, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the truthfulness and accuracy of the information you submit to us. We will disable your account if the information provided is determined to be false or no longer current. Therefore we will strive to give you ways to update your information quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of SobreVivePR unless one of the following circumstances applies:
– With your consent:
We may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SobreVivePR only when we have your consent to do so.
– For legal reasons:
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SobreVivePR only if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Island Med, our users or the public as required by law.
We will work hard to protect SobreVivePR and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold.